Friday, August 21, 2009

Girls TRIP!!





For Jordi's birthday, and as a thank you for helping me with my kids all summer, we suprised her and flew to Nauvoo, IL for the weekend! It was amazing and these are just a few of the many pictures that I have yet to post. We spent three days just in Nauvoo and Carthage, spent a day driving through Quincy, Warsaw, Hannibal, and getting lost, a day in Springfield (home of Abraham Lincoln), and then got stuck in Chicago for a day while trying to get home. Can you say adventure? I tell you what the great thing about flying free are the going to places you never would otherwise, but if you aren't willing to be spontanious...buy a ticket! My advice to anyone planning a vacation... plan it to NAUVOO!! If you are thinking... hmmm hawaii or Nauvoo... Nauvoo people! Every LDS person had to go at least once in their life. It gives you such a deep apreciation for Joseph Smith and what the saints went through to bring the gospel about. Words can't explain how life changing our trip was. I can't wait to take Tailor and Dave back!

3 comments:

stephgoett said...

I know I can relate! why haven't you gone on one of the Bob Jones tours! YOu missed out on that part! I wish you would of told me My friends from the ward are surving in the temple. THe Furhmans call me

Jonathan, Kaity & Halle said...

easy for you to say... you've been to Hawaii more times than I can count! Hahaha, just kidding. Will you adopt me as your little sister?

Brooke said...

Hey I signed grace up for dance in Hurricane I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to drive out there for dance!! ;)
I don't know how much I will love it but we will see, she's only done it once so far! We need to hang! I finally got your # What are you doing this week?