Ok so when I started potty training Tailor last August I can honestly say I had no idea it would take this long! I asked advice to anyone who might have something to offer," What am I doing wrong??" I sit back and run through the check list: well Tailor can do this, and spell that, and memorize this, so WHY the heck is she not a pro with the potty yet?? And people say, sometimes there is that stubborn child who will just perfect potty training when they are ready. Then I think well, does my child comprehend things as well as other two year olds or is my child a Forest Gump? So tonight I asked my mom and Dave "Hey do you think Tailor is a Forest Gump? I mean she's smart, and knows lot of things...why won't she just potty train and even more, why does she always ignore me when I am talking to her?" Well tonight she was wearing the new pair of jammies she earned by staying dry for a week and Dave came in to see her after her bathtime and asked her "Tailor where did you get those new jammies?!?!" No response... So I say "Tailor tell Daddy why you got to wear your new jammies tonight!" She says, "They're hearts!" So I get a worried look and say, "Tailor tell Daddy why...!" She ignores me again....I say, "Tailor answer mommy..." She says, "The store!" Then I give Dave a frustrated look and say, "No Tailor not where... why did you get them... tell Daddy why!" And she looks at me, puts both hands on my shoulders and says... "Mom... you need to relax!" And that was all it took I broke down laughing, I just couldn't hold it in and pretty soon my mom, dave and I were laughing so hard I forgot to be frustrated and worried, and my mom looked and me and said, "I think Tailor answered your own question." I think you always worry about your kids and you always want them to progress just as well as all the other kids.... but I think I'm still learning patience....
Friday, February 20, 2009
Tailor Gump!?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment